A division of General Motors, Chevrolet was founded in 1911 by Louis Chevrolet and William Durant. The brand, known for its affordable, quality, family cars and trucks quickly became profitable for GM. Despite this early success, the brand’s namesake ,Louis Chevrolet, became increasingly dissatisfied with the direction of the company. His vision for the company included a shift from affordable cars. Louis wanted GM to focus on building and marketing high end luxury vehicles.
GM and Durant adopted the ‘if it ain’t broke don’t fix it’ mentality and wanted to continue making affordable family cars and trucks. This difference of opinion led to the departure of Louis but the name Chevrolet remained.
By 1920 Chevrolet was one of the most popular automotive brands in America and its successes continue today.
The brand’s notable achievements include:
- Becoming the first company American car company to offer automatic transmission to its customers.
- Chevrolet was one of the first brands to offer its customers a 6 cylinder engine at a competitive price ( at that time 4 cylinders was standard and Chevrolet offered a six cylinder option for the same price as the 4 cylinders of other automotive brands )
- The introduction of the Corvette,the first fiberglass body car offered to the public was big news in 1953
- In 1957 Chevy again made headlines as the first and only American automotive company to offer fuel injection as an option on its cars
- Chevrolet was the first company to introduce the still popular SUV
- Chevrolet has had many more achievements and accolades since then and today, the brand still offers great cars trucks and other vehicles at reasonable prices. Camaro, Chevelle and Impala are some other of the most popular models in their massive catalog.
Sell Your Classic Chevrolet with us!
Selling your old or classic Chevrolet? Email email@example.com or call us on (424) 383-8333. We’ll buy your Corvette, Impala, Chevelle, Bel- Air, 210, Biscayne, Caprice, Nova or Camaro. Easy, hassle free transactions and quick payment for your car or collection of cars..We’re classic car buyers located in Los Angeles and we’re always looking to buy great cars not only in California, but also, all over the United States. We have a combined 50 plus years of experience in the classic car industry and will pay premium prices for your collector car. We’ll also take care of all the shipping arrangements and any associated paperwork, once you’re ready to sell your vintage or classic car.
Premium prices for premium cars. Call us for a no obligation quote to value your classic Chevy today.