The 1948 Bentley Mark VI was a luxury car produced by Bentley from 1946 to 1952. It was the first post-war Bentley model and was introduced at the same time as the Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith. The Mark VI was built on a new chassis with independent front suspension and hydraulic brakes, which were both new features for Bentley at the time. It was available as a four-door saloon or a two-door drophead coupe.
Under the hood, the Mark VI was powered by a 4.3-liter inline six-cylinder engine that produced 125 horsepower. The engine was mated to a four-speed manual transmission, and the car had a top speed of around 90 miles per hour.
The Mark VI was a very popular car for Bentley, with over 5,200 units produced during its six-year production run. The car was also known for its elegant styling, which was typical of luxury cars from the post-war era. The Mark VI had a long hood, sweeping fenders, and a curved roofline that gave it a very regal appearance.