The Aston Martin DB3 was a racing car produced by Aston Martin from 1951 to 1953. It was developed to replace the DB2 and was specifically designed for racing.
The DB3 was powered by a 2.6-liter inline-six engine that produced 133 horsepower. The car was also fitted with a four-speed manual transmission and a de Dion rear axle with inboard brakes. The chassis was made of tubular steel, and the body was made of aluminum. The car had a top speed of 120 mph and was capable of going from 0 to 60 mph in 9.3 seconds.
The DB3 made its racing debut at the 1952 24 Hours of Le Mans, where it finished 2nd in the 3.0-liter class and 9th overall. The car also competed in various other races, including the Mille Miglia, the Carrera Panamericana, and the Goodwood 9 Hours.
In 1953, the DB3 was replaced by the DB3S, which was lighter and had a more powerful engine. The DB3S went on to achieve great success in racing, winning at Silverstone, Spa, and the Nürburgring.
Today, the DB3 is a rare and highly sought-after car among collectors and enthusiasts. Only 10 examples were produced, and many of them have been restored and preserved in museums and private collections around the world.